We picked a bunch of strawberries at Krugers’ on Thursday and I finally got around to making some jam yesterday. (I also finally got around to picking some of the roses that are growing rampant in our yard. See below.) After misreading the pectin directions and ruining about 5 jars of jam (total bummer!), I found a recipe for pectin free jam. Here’s my version with just a little tweaking. Enjoy!
3 cups smooshed strawberries (that’s 3 cups AFTER smooshing)
5 cups sugar
1 fl oz lemon juice
Hull and smoosh your strawberries. Pour the puree into a large pot. Add sugar and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir pretty much constantly for 10 min. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Stir for a few more minutes to thicken. Let the pot cool to room temperature, then store in refrigerator overnight to thicken even more. Put the jam into jam jars (makes 7 jam jars full) and freeze.
Good for 3 weeks in fridge after opening.
We picked a ton of strawberries this weekend during our visit to Kruger’s Farm. I made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie from Smitten Kitchen that is divine. Yum! Next Saturday is the equinox folks. The true beginning of summer. So get out your flip flops, pour yourself some lemonade or better yet some strawberry lemonade slushie, and get ready to relax into some of these great summer tutorials. It’s summer, tutes!
1. Lee Meredith‘s How To Make a Two-Color A-Line Tee Skirt tutorial from Craftstylish.
2. Cal Patch‘s How To Make a One-Pattern-Piece Reversible Sun Hat from Craftsylish.
3. Auborn Studio‘s Felt Strawberry tutorial at Mr. Monkeysuit.
4. Mayaluna’s Summer Dreams Pillow Case Dress tutorial from maya*made.
5.Rachel’s Ruffly Headband tutorial at Heart of Light.
6. Beth’s Two Hour Dress/Tunic tutorial at Lula Louis.
7. LauPre‘s Easy Breezy Wrap Pant tutorial.
8. Ashley’s Getting Ready for Summer Beach Bag tutorial at Film in the Fridge.
9. Autumn’s Perfectly Portable Cushion tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew!.
Posted in Handmade Projects
Tagged auborn studio, cal patch, craftstylish, easy breezy wrap pants tutorial, felt strawberry tutorial, film in the fridge, getting ready for summer beach bag tutorial, heart of light, How To Make a One-Pattern-Piece Reversible Sun Hat, How To Make a Two-Color A-Line Tee Skirt tutoria, krugers farm, laupre, lee meredith, lula louis, maya made, mayaluna, mr. monkeysuit, perfectly portable cushion tutorial, ruffly headband, sew mama sew, smitten kitten, strawberries, strawberry lemonade slushie, strawberry rhubarb pie, summer dreams pillow case dress, summer equinox, summer tutorials, tunic tutorial, two hour dress